Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Ebay ShmEbay

I finally, FINALLY got the courage to attempt to bid on ebay. FINALLY. After everyone told me how great it was and what fantastic bargains they got. So I looked for cameras (oobviously) and found a real cheap D2x. like omg cheap. After many should I or should I not thoughts, I DID IT! I clicked the 'place bid' button. Yay, i was 16 hours closer to my new (totally) ridiculously cheap camera! but of course it all had to end when I received this email from ended@ebay.com

The following is a notice from eBay Trust & Safety regarding:
Item Number - 110070360756

Item Title - Nikon D2X

Our records show that you placed a bid on this item. We removed this item from the Site and cancelled your bid because it appears that the seller's account has been compromised and used by an unauthorized third party. The seller's privileges to trade on eBay may be temporarily suspended while we investigate this matter further. Due to privacy concerns we will not be able to share further details related to this seller.

Does this happen often or am I doomed never to use ebay?


1 comment:

Rojo said...

Ebay is goooood! You just kinda learn who are genuine sellers and who aren't!


I've bought macro extension tubes and a lense off these guys: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Kea-Photo and they've been ace on both occasions. They declare the item "item of no value" so you don't usually get stung for tax!